This month, Ms Leda Cedo (PYP Coordinator), Mrs Gaylene Livingston and select students from grades 1 and 5 presented in the last parent workshop about PYP. Below are the key points addressed in the workshop:
- Action in the PYP is the demonstration of deeper learning in responsible behaviour through responsible action.
- After students learn about themselves and the world, we need to challenge ourselves: I learned this.... now what do I do with what I learned? This can lead to learners taking action.
- The exhibition in grade 5 is an opportunity for students to connect with the wider community and identify issues that they have personal connection to.
- Taking action is a critical element of the PYP: We inquire, we reflect, we take action.
- modeled by adults
- based on students' concrete experiences
- most beneficial when outcome is witnessed
- begins in a small way - genuine concern and commitment
- anticipates responsibility
- supported by adults
We are grateful for your active support and participation in our parent sessions this school year. Please continue to attend our PYP workshops next school year!