Shekou International School is seeking dynamic and committed teachers and leaders for the 2016-17 school year. Successful applicants will have the opportunity to become part of a highly motivated professional staff, work in state of the art facilities, and live in one of the most dynamic cities in Asia.
SIS students learn a standards-based curriculum, enhanced by a strong emphasis on active and personalized learning, literacy, and learning innovation. We are a fully authorized International Baccalaureate World School, accredited by WASC (U.S. and International) and NCCT (China). Our IB diploma program is well established and we are making preparations for implementation of the Primary Years Program in the future. For our work in learning innovation and technology we have been recognized as an Apple Distinguished School and as “School of the Year” by the 21st Century Learning group. The school emphasizes student communication and thinking skills, personal management and collaborative abilities, while emphasizing global citizenship.
Our teachers and administrators work in highly integrated collaborative teams. The SIS community is close and committed to continuous improvement. Expectations are high and the opportunities for professional development are rich and significant. Compensation is highly competitive and the earning/savings potential is very good.
Our school is situated in one of China's most dynamic, modern cities, directly across the bay from Hong Kong. Living standards are high with all amenities available and convenient. Situated 30 minutes from both the Shenzhen and Hong Kong airports, travel to all parts of Asia and the world is convenient. Applicants should have significant classroom and administrative experience and have the desire to join a school that is committed to excellence.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
* Serves as the initial contact person for the admissions office in person telephone, and email.
* Answers questions about the school and schedules and conducts tours of the school with prospective families.
* Prepares and manages applicant information using software.
* Communicates with families throughout the application process and after as necessary.
* Maintains knowledge of SIS, activities, programs and requirements.
* Helps to coordinate admission activities throughout the school year.
* Performs other related tasks as required.
* Fluent in Mandarin and English.
* At least three years of related experience, ideally in admissions or sales.
* Must be well organized with attention to detail.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and positively with prospective students, parents, staff, administration, and other individuals in either individual or group settings.
* Comfortable with learning new software.
Application CVs sent to: email@example.com
At this time, all teaching vacancies have been filled. However, SIS will continue to receive applications from fully-qualified teachers who are experienced with student-centred, inquiry learning and whose professional values and goals align with those of our school. In the Primary school, experience in the PYP will be an asset.
Candidates can apply directly to the school (instructions below), through registration with International School Services, or other recruiting agencies. The evaluation of candidates is on-going and the school reserves the right to name a successful candidate at any time in the process.
Preference is given to candidates registered with ISS or other services with confidential references. Instructions to apply through registration with ISS are at www.iss.edu.
To apply directly to us, please email the two items below to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Letter of Interest - Please provide a brief statement describing your interest in SIS and your philosophy and approach to education.
- Employment History/Curriculum Vitae (with references listed)