SIS News Archive
Dear SIS Community:
We have enjoyed a very successful opening of school today and are excited to welcome all of you to this new school year. You are probably aware that typhoon Kai Tak is approaching Southern China. At this point it does not appear that it will come directly our way, but we are monitoring the situation closely and expect strong winds and heavy rain in the next two days. We do not anticipate closing the school at this point, but such storms can be unpredictable and we will be prepared if needed. Please note the following:
- For any decisions about school closures in such situations we consult closely with and follow the guidance of the Shenzhen City Government. Their website is http://www.szmb.gov.cn/article/(English language information can be found at this Hong Kong Observatory link, but please note that our school decisions are not based on the information on this sitehttp://www.hko.gov.hk/contente.htm).
- We will communicate any notices of changes in school schedules or closures by one or more of the following:
- Posting a notice on the school website.
- The school’s emergency phone tree (if necessary). Please be sure that we have a current phone number for you. Contact Sherry Zhong with any phone number updates email@example.com.
- Please monitor the school website for any updates before school tomorrow. Should we school be closed, we will post a notice on the front page of the website.
- Since we anticipate heavy rains, please factor that into your transportation plans to arrive at school tomorrow. Busses will run as close to normal times as possible.
Please contact us if you have any questions.
Dale Cox, Ed.D.